PIO BOOT CAMP
4-Day ‘Master Public Information Officer’ – Certification Course
A Progressive Media Relations / PIO Training
for Police, Fire & Public Safety Leaders
Simple Registration Form
(For payment by check, P.O., invoice request)
Oct. 25-28, 2022
Norcross Police Dept.
Comprehensive Media Relations Training – High caliber instruction, exercises,
candid discussions, videos, on-camera practicals & more
- Crisis & Incident Command Communications
- Perception vs. Reality – Educating a skeptical audience
- Your “open-door policy” may be a career killer
- There’s a problem with those words!
- Guerrilla tactics to get your message out
- Facebook & Instagram Live! Should we be?
- News coverage trends, updates & challenges
- Police & Fire Brand Reputation Mgmt.
- Social Media Revolution: Tricks, secrets & pitfalls
- Videos: Good, bad & ugly of news interviews
- Impact of “Cyber Activism” on Police & Fire Dept.’s
- When to respond & when to just “shut up!”
- Apps & tech for an overwhelmed PIO
- Write more effective news releases, posts & tweets
- Secrets & tricks reporters don’t want you to know
- Take the heart out of a negative news story
- Emergency responses to toughest media questions
After this intensive seminar , you’ll be ready for the challenges of media relations with new-found knowledge and confidence to succeed like never before.
PIO Training in Georgia
$595 per person – Limited seating available
October 25-28, 2022 • 0800 to 1600 hrs
Hosted by Norcross Police Dept.
@ Norcross Cultural Arts & Community Center
10 College St NW
Norcross, GA 30071
Info: E-mail or call 602-445-6442
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
3209 Holcomb Bridge Rd,
Norcross, GA 30092
Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners
5200 Peachtree Indust. Blvd,
Peachtree Corners, GA 30071
Crowne Plaza Atlanta NE – Norcross
6050 Peachtree Industrial Blvd,
Norcross, GA 30071
(Ask for State Government rate or “Best Rate”)
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)